The goal of this workshop is to continue to provide the fundamentals of Home Care Management for compliance with requirements by CDPHE. Attendees will learn skills and tools necessary to apply State Licensure rules in Chapter 26, Sections 6 and 8 to include an in-depth review from the non-medical management perspective. It is easy for managers and staff to mistake nuances in regulations for skilled and non-medical operations. As the Manager, you may need to help your staff as well as clients and their family members understand the differences between skilled and non-medical care in terms of when each type of care may be needed, costs involved and resources available so they can make informed care decisions.
• Understand the distinction between non-medical and skilled requirements as written in Licensure standards.
• Explain pertinent federal, state and local regulations.
• Describe the admission and discharge processes and appropriate explanations to clients at start of care.
• Demonstrate which items from Part 6 will necessarily be included in any basic state survey and how to ensure your organization’s survey readiness.
• Understand common survey citations in Non-Medical environments.
• Comprehend differences and similarities in the application of Part 6 standards to both skilled and non-medical home care organizations.