Client Care Advocate & Grievance Plan with Connie McWilliams, ACHC-certified Consultant and CHC Founder
Attendees will learn skills and tools necessary to apply State Licensure rules in the implementation of a Grievance Plan and position of Client Care Advocate using guiding principles, program scope, oversight and responsibilities, and data collection relative to patient rights. Certificate provided after the successful completion of an evaluation and exam with 80% or better score.
Course Content (2CEUs)
This Certificate Course offers a three-part curriculum, and includes:
Client Care Advocate role and responsibilities Grievance Mechanism Components
Communication and Training requirements Interpretation and Translation Services requirements
Common Survey Citations Competency Exam
You will learn the skills necessary to show a clear understanding of the survey process to maximize compliance and minimize deficiencies. After this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the regulatory criteria for having a client grievance mechanism in place
- Name the components of a client grievance plan, including the definitions of Client care advocate, grievance, grievance mechanism and neglect.
- Discuss methods for informing clients how to lodge a grievance and how clients will be informed that interpretation and translation services are available regarding the grievance procedure
- Recognize information or situations that are appropriate for use in training agency staff
- Understand the inter-relationship among many patient rights and agency staff duty for ensuring safety
Identify weakness in your agency relative to commonly cited deficiencies and common survey focus areas